Inspired by Jerry Michalski, we are starting the QUEST to find our users. We launched Wokai 6 months ago, and to date we have around 350 users. These 350 people have done A LOT, contributing $50,000 in loan capital for over 100 micro-entrepreneurs in Inner Mongolia and Sichuan.
NOW, we need to take it to the next level to achieve mass scale impact with 100,000, 500,000, or even a million users on board.
There is a huge population out there that is passionate about China and would love to jump on board to build microfinance in China and create the opportunity for thousands to lift themselves from poverty. BUT, while potential Wokai users are out there, we need to find them. From our experience so far, these people include, but aren't limited to:
- People of Chinese decent around the world - China, Hong Kong, US, Canada, Europe....
- Foreign “Expats” living in China
- “China Academics” – people studying Chinese, teaching about China, etc.
- Families with adopted Chinese Children
- “China Business People” – Chinese doing business internationally and non-Chinese doing business with China
- “China Visitors” – people who have visited or spent significant time in China
SO…this is where the QUEST begins. We need YOU to guide us to our users and work with us to engage them so that we can grow Wokai from 350 users to a engaged worldwide community growing microfinance in China.
I’ll be Tweeting (@caseylwilson) and blogging (Wokai.typepad.com) daily as we go through this journey. PLEASE share your thoughts, ideas, and opinions, and join in on the journey.